Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream Review

Today, I'll be reviewing Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream by Garnier.
I purchased this at the end of May & I use it fairly often. I wanted to use it for a little while & give an honest review about this product. I have been intrigued with BB creams for awhile, in case you do not know what they are, they are also known as "beauty balms" or blemish balms". Garnier claims that this will instantly renew, brighten, even out your skin tone & hydrate. It comes in one size, it is a 2.5 oz & it comes in 2 different colors: light/medium & medium/dark.
I picked up light/medium, in the fall & winter my skin is paler & I haven't been tanning at all. This product is a little pricier, I purchased it at Walmart, it was $11.97 & I had a $1 off coupon.
I have been using this at least twice each week, First thing, a little bit goes a long way. If you use too much it becomes very difficult to blend. However, when you use a smaller amount, it blends very flawlessly. It is light coverage. I find myself using this, a foundation & powder because the consistency is WAY too light for me. It smells nice, very floral. When it sinks into your skin, you don't smell it.
 I received a sample from a magazine & decided to purchase it after that. It does come in this squeeze bottle which I find annoying because too much always comes out. Another thing I dislike is that this does not match my skin. It is way too dark & orange. I have to use a lighter foundation to make it match to my skin tone. I really wish they would have done Light, Medium & Dark separately so it would match better. It is quite expensive, but again, a little goes a long way.
(This is WAY too much product!)
 You can see how yellow/orange it is compared to my skin. I have to use a lighter powder on my face & a darker powder on my neck so you don't see an obvious makeup line. I apply it with a makeup sponge, I never touch my face! I do use a lighter foundation, concealer & Bare Minerals with this.
 It does blend out nicely. I wiped a lot of product off so I could blend it well. You can see it still leaves an off color tint. This does not cause my skin to break out, however, it makes it look oily (which I have seen in many reviews), someone told me my skin looked very dewy the other day. I thought it looked greasy, so I touched it up with some powder. 
(I purchased this product myself & I am not affiliated with this company in any way)

My Final Thoughts:
Pros:
- A little bit goes a long way
- smells nice
- light coverage
- blends very well
- cheaper than most of the other BB Creams 

Cons:
- makes my skin greasy
- does not match my skin tone
- a little expensive

Would I repurchase this product?
Maybe, I'll definitely use it but it's not one of my favorites.

Have you tried this product? If so, what did you think?
*Krystle

1 comment: