Friday, September 21, 2012

MAC Foundation

Hi,
I hope you are well.
I finally got the chance to try my new MAC products & I just wanted to tell you that I don't know how I ever lived without them. (See my original post here.) First thing is first, I have oily skin. I'm not talking about a shiny face, I'm saying like 10 minutes after I apply foundation & powder, my face is GREASY. And halfway through work? Forget it! It looks like I ran through a sprinkler!
I have tried ALMOST every foundation & concealer without any success. They usually just melt off & when I do video shoots at work it is way worse from the lights. As mentioned before, I didn't initially purchase MAC foundations because there are no MAC stores close & I was afraid of purchasing the wrong shade. 
I am so glad I took the chance because the results are worth it. I started by applying 2 pumps of Pro Longwear Foundation in NC20. I used a damp makeup sponge because I'm weird about applying makeup with my hands. I just feel like even if I wash them 30 times there are still germs that will make my face gross & breakout.  One thing to mention is the foundation dries quickly so I usually do one side of my face & then the other. I do a stippling motion so it looks more blended & no streaking. I blend into my hairline but I do not apply foundation to my neck, only powder. 
 Next, I used Studio Fix Concealer in NC20 and a concealer brush from Bare Minerals and applied it under my eyes (I have serious dark circles) and on any blemishes that I have. This is a heavier concealer which scared me because I was afraid it would be cakey & would settle into the lines under my eyes. Luckily it doesn't & it blends really easily. Last, I use a powder brush to apply MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation in NC25. A little goes a long way, however this doesn't leave your skin looking cakey either. I use this on my neck to help even everything out & I set the concealer under my eyes with a little more than the rest of my face. I also have been applying my blush & setting it with this powder too. I use more blush than usual because this will help even it out & tone it down.
I went to re-powder my face & I didn't even need to! 8 hours later my face was still matte. It was amazing & I could have cried tears of joy! A coworker even asked me if I had airbrushed my skin that morning because it looked flawless. I was scared that heavier foundation, concealer & powder = breakouts but my skin is just fine. To be quite honest, I don't think I will even try other foundations because I am so happy with the result that I've been getting. 
Also, in the pictures I used NYX Frosted Lilac on my entire Lid, NYX Red Bean Pie in the crease & MAC Shroom as my highlight. NYX Pinched is the blush & lip color is NYX Whipped, everything else is same as always!
Have you tried MAC Foundations? Are there certain brands you prefer?
*Krystle

6 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous look!, I need to find some good pinks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! :D Your blog is very cute!

    http://www.caterina-m.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!
    After visiting your blog, I invite you to join us in the "International Directory Blogspot".
    "International Directory Blogspot" It's 159 Countries and 5519 Websites !
    Missing yours join us
    If you join us and follow our blog, you will have many more visitors.
    It's very simple, you just have to follow our blog, enter your Country and your blog url in a comment, and you will be automatically integrate into the Country list.
    We are fortunate to be on the Blogspot platform that offers the opportunity to speak to the world and to share different passions, fashion, paintings, art works, photos, poems.
    So you will be able to find in different countries other people with passions similar to your ones.
    I think this community could also interest you.
    We ask you to follow the blog "Directory" because it will give you twice as many possibilities of visits to your blog!
    Thank you for your understanding.
    Please follow our blog, it will be very appreciate.
    I wish you a great day, with the hope that you will follow our blog "Directory".
    After your approval to join us, you will receive your badge
    We ask that you follow our blog and place a badge of your choice on your blog, in order to introduce the "directory" to your friends.
    Regards
    Chris
    I follow your blog, I hope it will please you
    To find out more about us, click on the link below:
    http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! I have never worn mac before but it does look great! I am so glad that you took that risk!
    your blog is awesome and you are so beautiful!
    I can't wait to be back to see some more posts from you!
    have a great day!
    ;D
    ~Morgan

    ReplyDelete