Sunday, August 14, 2011

Shopping & South Beach Diet

I haven't been shopping in a little bit but I had an awesome commission paycheck & decided to spend a little on clothes. I'm really try to cut back on unnecessary spending, but you have to treat yourself sometimes!
Charlotte Russe had their clearance items for buy 1 , get 1 50% off. I almost bought the green sequin tank top for full price ($19.99) last time I was there, but I hate buying something & then seeing it on sale a few weeks later. Well, lucky for me it was $9.99 but I got it for $5 because the other shirt was $12.99. I wasn't too into the other shirt until I came home & tried it on. It fits really well & I love that it ties on the one shoulder!
You can never have enough tank tops & Wet Seal had 5 for $20. So I picked up a burgundy beater, a pink, navy, orange and lime green spaghetti strapped tanks. I always wear tank tops under most of my shirts.
I saw the see through lace shirt at Forever 21 awhile ago & I loved it but I was afraid the way it was cut would make me look too wide. I saw it on the rack, it was the last one in my size. I took it as a sign & bought it for $17.80. I got home & tried it on, I love so much. The only problem that I have with it is that the lace at the bust doesn't stretch so I feel like it's about to rip in half when i put it on! I also picked up a black tank (they fade so fast!) for $3.80.
I wanted to take a walk outside but it's raining so I walked for 45 minutes at the mall. Tomorrow I'm starting Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet, I'm a little nervous but excited. I read the book at the beach & I went grocery shopping and followed the shopping list. Typically you lose 8-13 pounds your first 2 weeks. It requires that you eat less than 20 carbs a day, no starchy foods, no fruit & no junk. The worst part is going to be no fruit. I love my apples & raspberries! Phase 1 last for 2-4 weeks and then you can start Phase 2 where you slowly incorporate GOOD carbs back into your diet. If your interested in the diet, I got the book on eBay for super cheap & I recommend reading it. I will keep you updated on my progress with weigh ins!
Have a wonderful weekend!
*Krystle

No comments:

Post a Comment