Saturday, August 20, 2011

My NYX Collection Part 1 - NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream

I'll be doing posts of my NYX Collection over the next week (or two). I like to see swatches of products before I purchase them, I hate getting products that look nothing like what you see on the website. I'm going to start with one of my favorites from NYX, Soft Matte Lip Cream.
These are the 5 that I own (L to R): Amsterdam, San Paulo, Istanbul, Addis Ababa (favorite!) & Tokyo.
I purchased all of these from Cherry Culture, I like their website. I've ordered from Cherry Culture many times & I've never had an issue. Everything is always packaged well and thank goodness because the box I received today had a big dent even though it was CLEARLY marked fragile. Thank you FedEx for not taking care of my package! Anyway, I love these.
With Flash (L-R): Addis Ababa, Istanbul, Amsterdam, Tokyo & San Paulo.
The packaging is small & simple. Perfect to toss in your purse & go. They have an amazing scent. It's almost like a vanilla bean, it's seriously delicious! The consistency is really rich & the color goes on smooth. They are truly matte, I love to wear Amsterdam because it stays on ALL night long. No smudges or smears & I can kiss my hubby with no lipstick marks!
No Flash (same order as above).
It's a toss up for my favorite, I love Addis Ababa & Tokyo. Addis Ababa is a true fuchsia pink & it is BRIGHT. You can see it in a few of my previous posts. Istanbul & Tokyo look almost exactly the same from the outside. Istanbul is a tad bit darker with a bit of a mauve tone. Tokyo is the prettiest baby pink. Amsterdam is such a perfect red lip. San Paulo is a muted pink red. Seriously, I love them all so much.
Have you tried the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams?

*Krystle

6 comments:

  1. I haven't tried those yet but need too! They are all so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice colours! I've always wanted to try one of these!

    http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow those are so pretty. I REALLY want Istanbul, it's such a gorgeous colour and Istanbul is one of my favourite cities!

    http://3girlsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will deff get some of those next time they are on hautelook

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the swatches I love theses ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa, those swatches look awesome! Such pigment!!! Thanks :D x

    ReplyDelete