Sunday, February 19, 2012

Shopping Haul!

Hello!

I usually do my grocery shopping on Sunday afternoons & today was no different. However, I stopped at Savemart (a body builder's dream come true!) & picked up some awesome things! I've really been trying my hardest to eat healthy but I've been snacking WAY too much lately. So, to have a happy medium, I bought nothing but healthy snacks at the store. Lots of fruits & veggies, good carbs & yogurt!

I picked up a few packs of energy chews. After I work all day, some days I have to drag myself to work out. So I carry a few of these to give me a boost without a lot of calories & caffeine. I have yet to find a protein powder that I can tolerate. Usually they are gritty & I hate the flavor. Luckily, they have sample packs for $1.29, that way I don't spend $20 on something I gag on while drinking. I decided to try cookies & cream, peaches & cream and raspberry. I grabbed some apple cider vinegar which is a great detoxifer for your body. I add a little bit to water in the mornings before I do cardio. I tried one of the apple pie Larabar's a few days ago & I was hooked. (You can see why below...) I haven't tried any other kinds but they were on sale 4/$5 & I just grabbed 2 apple pie because I love them. I also picked up a sample of honey almond butter, I don't like peanut butter so I've been trying to find a good alternative.

This is my birthday present to myself. My mom let me borrow her Polar FT7 heart rate monitor so I could track how many calories I was burning doing Supreme 90 Day workouts. I loved it so much, I bought one. Now, mine is the basic one. I just need to know what I am burning so I can track it on Sparkpeople. This is the Polar FT1, I got it from HRM USA online & it was $45.99. It's a great thing to have because I was guessing on how many calories I was burning (and I was WAY off on my guesses, haha!) I will be using it for the first time tonight. Everything came really nicely packaged & they had crazy fast shipping. I received it within 2 days. It comes with the wrist watch, which has a huge face & large numbers (a big plus in my book!). There is also a strap you put right under your bra, as close to your heart as you can get. You get to choose the size for the strap (I went with small) and they give you the sizes to choose from.

Back to Larabar's, here is why I adore them, the ingredients (in apple pie) are dates, almonds, unsweetened apples, walnuts, raisins & cinnamon. Gluten free, dairy free, soy free, non-GMO, vegan & kosher! Now, they are a little high in calories, clocking in at 190 for a 1.6 oz bar. However, with such a small list of ingredients (that I can actually read & pronounce!) I can use these as a light breakfast or small snack. They have low sodium,no added sugar & one bar is a half cup of fruit. I'm excited to try the different kinds. I grabbed 2 apple pie, a carrot cake, lemon bar, cherry pie & blueberry muffin.

Are there any healthy snacks that you love?

*Krystle

1 comment: