Thursday, January 3, 2013

Fyrinnae Lip Lustre Swatches in Dragon's Blood, Sweetest Poison & Less Than Three

I've been meaning to post these for a few days but I caught a terrible cold. Friday, I starting getting a tickle in my throat & by Saturday, I couldn't even get out of bed. My throat was sore, my nose was so stuffy & my chest was congested. I couldn't even leave my bed til today. So, my New Year's was spent on my couch watching movies with my husband. I was supposed to hang out with friends but I was so exhausted, there was no way I was leaving the house. However, today I feel better, just a stuffy nose & a cough.
So onto today's lovely topic, more Fyrinnae Lip Lustre swatches
Here's what Fyrinnae has to say about lip lustres:
 Fyrinnae's Lip Lustres are not like lipgloss. This product is a non-sticky lipcolour, leaving rich colour on your lips but no goopy tackiness. Most shades are made to be relatively opaque, though some can be applied lightly over lipstick as a highlight or over balm as a sheer tint. They are a rather "dry" product because we pack as much colour into them as possible, but the ingredients are not drying. This means, due to the high concentration of natural butters, they are thinner in a warm environment, thicker when it's cool. Use care when opening if they have been cold (i.e; in a mailbox in winter). They are filled hot, then the product cools, hardening, the moment the tubes are filled, so they may have the appearance of cracks or tiny lines of air. Lustres have a light vanilla scent. They were reformulated in 9/2011.
8ml, with a flocked doe-foot wand applicator. (10ml size tube, same as our Pixie Epoxy, 8ml product capacity. Capacity is slightly lower due to the viscous nature of the Lustres). 

   
I picked up 3 full size. I already have 2 full size in Lollipop-Pop & Visual Kei and 2 trial size in Less Than Three & Diabolic Masquerade. (You can read that post & see those swatches here.)
I loved Less Than Three so much that I bought the full size, I also picked up Dragon's Blood & Sweetest Poison.
(All swatches are done on bare lips, one layer applied)
Dragon's Blood:
What Fyrinnae Says:
Dragon's Blood is a deep, rich, cool matte maroon-red, inspired by the vampy lipsticks of the 1920s. Can be applied as a lighter "berry stain" shade over balm.
My Thoughts:
I love this color. This color was much more like a regular gloss than any of the other lip lustres I have, it was much more "watery". The color is a bright blue based red that is gorgeous, but be careful as it does need to be worn with lip liner. As you can see this color bleeds into all the fine lines around your lips (and it gets on your teeth too!) so using concealer & lip liner is a must. Can I just say, I love the name too!? I can't wait to try this over some lip balm!

Less Than Three
What Fyrinnae Says:
Less Than Three is a bright lilac-pink matte, similar to Fanservice in depth and finish. 
My Thoughts:
My favorite color. I seriously love this color. I wear this very often & it rocks. It reminds me so much of MAC's Saint Germain but a tad darker which makes it much more wearable. It has this cool lilac tone that works. I thought I would hate this so I bought trial sized and ended up adoring it, so I bought the full size.
Sweetest Poison
What Fyrinnae Says:
Sweetest Poison is a brilliant true shimmering red filled with microfine red glitter. May stain temporarily; we recommend applying over balm.
My Thoughts:
You know, I'm a little disappointed with this color, I had really high hopes for it. It's not as bright as I had hoped & the glitter feels a little gritty to me. They say to apply it over balm, so maybe that's where I went wrong. All in all, the color is a nice red. And the name reminds me of Snow White, so I dig it!
I have a ton of eye shadows from Fyrinnae to swatch, so stay tuned! :)
*Krystle

No comments:

Post a Comment