Friday, November 30, 2012

MAC Satin Taupe & Freshwater

I don't know if I will ever be sick of MAC's eye shadows, I use them so often that I almost feel guilty for all of the other eye shadows I own because lately they haven't been getting used! Again, this is All That Glitters & Satin Taupe, but I decided to switch it up a bit. I used Freshwater over Satin Taupe & it looks so awesome. I rarely wear bright blues unless I'm tan because I feel like they wash my skin out & make me look ill. But, I could not resist purchasing Freshwater because it's so bright & gorgeous. After taking a few minutes to decide how the heck I was going to pull this color off, I decided to mute it down with Satin Taupe, which is a shimmery muted brown. I was really surprised, it looks more like a gun metal grey than blue, but either way it's so pretty. I got compliments all day on my eye shadow.
Piddle was not as excited as I was about taking a picture & please excuse my clothes rack in the background!  
FACE:
Urban Decay Face Primer
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC30
MAC  Studio Fix Fluid in NW20
MAC Studio Fix Foundation Plus in NC30
MAC Bronzer in Bronze
MAC Mineralized Skin Finish in Soft & Gentle
MAC Blush in Gingerly

 EYEBROWS:
elf Eyebrow Kit in Medium
Milani Eyebrow Kit in Light
EYES:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
MAC Satin Taupe
MAC All That Glitters
MAC Freshwater
MAC Liquidlast Eyeliner in Black
NYX White Pearl liner 
LIPS: 
MAC Creme Cup
MAC Saint Germain
NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Salsa

I haven't worn my hair straight in such a long time & I can really tell it's grown. It needs a trim & now that the wedding is over I'm going to cut a few inches off so it's not as damaged. I think I'm going to throw some low lights in too. I'm really tempted to do reverse ombre, where it's light on top & dark at the ends but who knows!
I got this necklace in lime & pink on EBay for $9.99 each which was a lot cheaper than most of the other places it was retailing. I love it but it is SO heavy! The shirt was on clearance at Forever 21 for $7.99, it's got gold & bronze sequins on the sleeves but it's almost like a crop top which I hate. I have a long torso & it's already hard for me to find shirts that are long enough!! You can't really see but my peep toe heels match the color of my shirt exactly, the camera did not pick up the color accurately.
Have a great weekend!
*Krystle

1 comment:

  1. That is such an awesome look - satin taupe and all the glitters - they match your tone really well.

    ReplyDelete