I'm off work today & home with the cats!
I decided to do a post on my 5 favorite skinecare/makeup & hair products.
I'll start with haircare:
1. Paul Mitchell Quick Slip - This is a styling cream that helps reduce drying time by 25%. It also has a lightweight conditioner and a UV protector. I apply about a dime to quarter size amount and rub my palms togrther. I make sure to distribute evenly from roots to tips and then I'll either blow dry(very rarely) or air dry my hair.
2. Chi 44 Iron Guard - A thermal protector spray that works well with ceramic irons. I always use this before I use a flat iron or curling iron. The only thing I hate is it smells like a guy's cologne.
3. Sily Sexy Hair Leave In Remedy - This is a leave in conditioner made for color/chemically treated hair. Apply it to damp hair, concentrating on the ends. I love this stuff, it's amazing and it smells lovely!!
4. Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play - First off, this is my FAVORITE product ever! I am a hairspray junkie and this gives a wonderful hold. It's really strong, great for teasing & updos. The only downside is it leaves a sticky film on everything in my bathroom!
5. Batiste Dry Shampoo in Blush- Dry shampoo that soaks up oil & grease. I spray it directly onto greasy roots, massage it into my scalp & then brush my hair. I would NOT recommend this for dark hair as it can make it look dull & gives a white tint to the hair. This smells better than the original.
1. Purpose Dual Treatment Moisture Lotion - Oil-Free, hypoallergenic & Fragrance free. This is great for sensitive skin & a great daily moisturizer. It has SPF 15 and it absorbs quickly.
2. Proactiv System - I have a love/hate relationship with Proactiv. I find that it does clear my face MOST of the time, however, I get cystic hormonal (PMS) pimples and I find this makes them worse. The cleanser is a great exfoliater, I use it weekly to get rid of dry skin.
3. Equate Makeup Removing Towlettes - This is a generic brand (Walmart). I love these, they smell great and they work. I have very sensitive eyes and these take off waterproof makeup without irritating my skin. One side is soft and the other side is bumpy for exfoliation. I use one every night before I was my face and one in the morning. Plus they are a steal $6.74 for 120 towelettes!
4.Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash - I love Neutrogena products. This is a classic and it still works for me. I also love the new Pink Grapefruit line. This is gentle enough not to make my skin go crazy but still removes my makeup.
5.Face by Fake Bake - This is my favorite self tanner. It goes on sheer and builds gradually. It nevers leaves my skin looking orange and it blends very easily.
1. Bare Minerals Warmth & Medium Beige - Warmth is an amazing bronzer. It is hands down my favorite. It never looks muddy and makes my skin glow! I stopped using Bare Minerals for awhile but I always find myself going back to it. It is so light and my skin never breaks out from it.
2. Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse in Natural Ivory - This stuff is freaking awesome! It makes my skin look flawless and you can build coverage with it. (Please excuse my bottle, my cat ripped the pump off and hid it!)
3.MAC Custom 4 Eyeshadows(Club, Shroom, Smut & Black-Tied)- Okay, I am going to rant. I love MAC, but the closest one is an hour and 10 minutes away. I refuse to buy any eyshadow without trying it first. It makes me so mad that they don't have a closer store! Anyway, Shroom is my favorite highlight color. I love Smut and Club beacause depending on how you look at them the color changes! Black-Tied is perfect for a smoky eye!
4. Rosebud Salve - Ahh my great grandma lives on through this product! I use it for all kinds of things! Lip balm, eyebrow tamer, chapped skin! LOVE IT!
5. Urban decay Primer Potion: I have oily eyelids and with this my makeup never moves. It's a must have in my book! I hate the container, it's so oddly shaped and annoying!
NYX Round Lipstick in Pumpkin Pie - This is my favorite nude lipstick. It's got a very creamy texture and is very pigmented.
I also wanted to show my favorite nail polish. This is my goodbye summer color! Color Club Screaming Fuschia..
Annnnnd I got bored and cut bangs a few days ago!
Have a great day lovlies!