Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fyrinnae Pumpkin Fire & Sleepy Hollow

Hi!
Today, I'll be posting 2 more swatches from the Fyrinnae haul that I received a few weeks ago. I will be swatching Pumpkin Fire & Sleepy Hollow & I have included both in the container with/without flash as well as swatches on my skin with/without flash.
I'll start with Pumpkin Fire:
Here's what Fyrinnae says:
Brilliant coppery-orange sparkle and shimmer in opaque, yet blend-able black.
(Without Flash)
My Thoughts:
This color is great. It is a black base with amber & gold sparkles throughout. I find with these colors, you have to use them with Pixie Epoxy or foiled, otherwise you do not get the full effect of the color. I think this color will be amazing for Fall!
(With Flash)
Can you see all of those amazing sparkles? I don't typically like orange, however, the black base makes the sparkle look amazing. I can't wait to try this color!
(Without Flash) 
I find the picture below with flash to be most accurate to the color. When applied dry it looks like a muddy brownish black, The middle swatch is when applied wet & the last swatch is when applied over Pixie Epoxy.
 (With Flash)
Next, Sleepy Hollow:
Here's what Fyrinnae says:
Lush deep ocean blue with a flash of sage green as the light hits, and touch of gold sparkle as well.
(Without Flash)
 My Thoughts:
This color is much different than what I thought it would look like. When you see it on the site it is a lighter, bright blue. It's much darker in person, which I actually like better. I find blues are harder for me to pull off unless I have my brown contacts in. Blues wash my skin out & make me look ill. If I'm tan it's not as bad so I might have to wait to try this color. 
(With Flash)
 You can really see the gold sparkles with the flash. This color is actually really pretty dry too.I feel like I could wear it foiled or dry. I think this would look great with a green shimmery shadow.
(With Flash)
I think that the pictures without the flash are closet to the actual color. Swatches are (L to R) dry, foiled, over Pixie Epoxy.
(Without Flash)
I'll be placing another order with Fyrinnae shortly, I love their products!
Have a great day!
*Krystle

No comments:

Post a Comment