Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Fyrinnae Mephisto & Fire Opal

Hi!
Today I'll be swatching more Fyrinnae eye shadows. I'm very sorry I haven't taken any pictures of my makeup lately, I'm having a terrible breakout & I'm very embarrassed. I don't know what is going on but at least it's now & not a few days before the wedding!
Here is Mephisto:
What Fyrinnae says: 
Not purple like it appears here, Mephisto is a deep royal blue with a vibrant metallic red sheen that's quite striking when the light hits it. Metallic finish, not sparkly. If the red goes somewhat coppery on application, add a little more.
My Thoughts:
Don't be fooled by the swatch because it does Mephisto no justice. This color is one of the most gorgeous colors I have ever seen. Even in the pot it looks burgundy & purple at the same time. When it's applied dry, it's quite blah, a very flat, dusty purple. However, when you foil this or apply it with Pixie Epoxy, it comes alive. It takes on a purple base with a burgundy shimmer. But if you look at it in a different light it opposite.
I love this color, enough that I might say it's my favorite. Every time I go to take pictures of these shadows, I am blown away.  It's a shame the camera can't capture their true beauty. 
Fire Opal:
What Fyrinnae says:
Shimmery, metallic coppery bronze with hints of red on a charcoal base to boost the colour. It is much better in person.
 My Thoughts:
Another one that's stunning when foiled. In the pot, it is a dark chocolate brown & you can see the gold shimmer. When you foil it or pat it over Pixie Epoxy, it becomes an amazing copper color. I'm not kidding when I say it's the color of a new penny. This color is beautiful dry as well. I would wear this either way but I think foiled it would look awesome as an eyeliner color. I find anything that is a warmer tome looks great with green eyes. 
 I re-swatched all the colors last night so that I could make sure you could truly see the color. I also wanted you to see the color in the pot. If you are anything like me, I research all my makeup before buying it. I google swatches for like 2 weeks & then write a list of what I like and research more to narrow down what I'm buying. . I think I might have OCD! Next on my list is Glamour Doll Eyes swatches! 
Let me know what you think!
*Krystle

No comments:

Post a Comment