Saturday, December 10, 2011

Happy Holidays!

I've been a terrible blogger lately! I'm so sorry for the lack of posts, I've been busy with work & I've been doing lots of hair before the holidays.

I have been cooking like a mad woman! I fell off my diet for a few days, I hate being stressed because all I want to do is eat. But I plan on doing an official weigh in on Monday.

I treated Dustin to some PA Dutch cooking this week. I had Wednesday off & cooked, cleaned and decorated the whole day!

On to the good stuff:

My mom gave me a recipe for apple cinnamon spice muffins. These were killer! I made 20 of them & they were gone in 2 days! (Don't worry, I took some to work!) They were perfect for dessert or breakfast!

I call this chicken pot pie. It's an Amish/PA Dutch thing. If you go out of Lancaster County, most people call it chicken & dumplings. But I made my own chicken stock & dumplings. A little extra effort but so worth it in the end. And you can't skimp on this, I used lard for the dumplings. I know, it's not the healthiest but it makes such a difference.
I've been a Grinch this year! I procrastinated putting all the decorations up, but I'm glad that they are up now! We decorated the banister with garland, lights & a stocking for each of our kitties!
It's really hard to see in the picture, but the tree is decorated with navy, teal & silver ornaments. We got silver garland & a sliver tree skirt. It's so pretty! The cats are obsessed with the glitter on the tree skirt & I'm slowly finding it all over the house! I've got a house full of Sparkling Christmas cats! :)
I'll be doing a weigh in on Monday & I promise to post more often!

PS - I'm waiting for one more shipment from Cherry Culture & I'll be having a sweet giveaway! I hope you're ready!
Have a great day!

*Krystle

PS- I WANTED TO ADD A LINK TO THE NEWEST "PRODUCT REVIEW VIDEO" YOU REALLY NEED TO WATCH IT TO THE VERY END! IT'S SO FUNNY! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK:


2 comments:

  1. Nice tree.
    I no what you mean about being stressed and wanting to eat, I've eaten badly myself lately.

    Loved the Ghost buster video, great gun noises lol. Looks like you had good fun doing that.

    Not sure how you keep a straight face when you handle that wig though, it looks like a furry creature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your color theme on your tree so pretty!
    xoxo
    www.amy-beths.com

    ReplyDelete