Saturday, October 12, 2013

MAC Hue Lipstick Review & Swatches

Happy October!
Can you believe I haven't posted since July? My sincerest apologies, my life has been upside down the last few months. I feel that I should explain about what exactly is going on. My parent's just got divorced after 37 years of marriage. As you can imagine, this was quite hard for me to handle & I have been trying to deal with it as best as possible. On top of that, my husband & I decided that we were going to move in with my father to help him adjust & so that we can save some money to purchase a house in the near future. More or less, I moved in to help my Dad through this difficult time & maybe help myself cope a little bit as well. So again, I apologize for being gone so long but I am finally feeling like myself again & ready to get back to blogging!
I'm going to do a review on my favorite MAC lipstick, Hue. I absolutely love this color & it has become my go to lipstick. I used to always use Myth but I would have to layer a pink toned gloss over top because Myth is super nude, alone it can really wash my skin out.
I started searching for a pink toned lipstick that I could use in place of Myth, just to try something different. After doing a ton of research, I stumbled upon Hue. MAC describes Hue as a soft pale pink & it is a Glaze. My personal opinion about MAC Glazes is that they are sheerer than most other MAC finishes & are almost like a gloss. They are not drying at all & I tend to use them more often than most other MAC finishes.
I like to use NYX's Slim Lip Liner in Rose (my favorite!) all over my lips & apply Hue on top. The liner is a lighter matte pink & Hue adds a bit of shine.
Here is Hue in comparison to a few other MAC lipsticks.
Hue (Glaze), Myth (Satin), Please Me (Matte) & Snob (Satin)
Here is Hue on my lips. Again, I usually use a matte lip liner first, I feel like Hue is almost too light & glossy for me to wear alone. But it does look alright alone, I would use it if I was in a hurry & needed some color on lips.
All in all, I love MAC Hue, I find myself using this very often.
I hope you have enjoyed this review!
All the best,

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your parents. That's a rough thing for everyone to adjust to.

    I want you to know we readers missed you while you were away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about the adjustment you and your family have had to make. I pray you are doing well.

    And thanks for sharing Mac Hue. It looks gorgeous on you! Love the color.

    <3

    ReplyDelete