Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Swatched: The first is the eyelid color, the vivid lime green. Second is the crease color, the right teal *& last is the highlight color a baby bluish teal.The highlight color is more of a shimmer, the other 2 do have glitter its in them.
Monday, September 19, 2011
(Sorry they are dirty, I just used them!)
1. The ELF Studio Complexion brush is just awesome. I have the Bare Minerals powder brushes & I love them, however, once you wash them they become very scratchy. It actually irritates my skin, so I was on the search for a powder brush. I read some really great reviews about the Studio Complexion Brush & for $3, it was worth a try. I use it daily with Bare Minerals powder foundation & I wash it once every 4-5 days. It's had minimal shedding & it is so soft still. The only con I've had with ALL of my ELF brushes is that the metal part comes unattached form the handle. (Please do not judge me, but i usually chew a piece of gum and stick it back together! hahaha)
2. Bare Minerals Concealer Brush - I actually use this for concealer & foundation. I've had this brush for years & I've never needed to replace it. It's perfect for powder or cream foundations. The stiffer bristles make it great for blending & I've never seen one bristle shed! It's a little pricey but I got it with Bare Minerals Starter Kit years ago.
3. Crown C210 Chisel Brush - I have the whole brush set, I got it on sale for $29.99 around Christmas. I like most of the brushes but this is my favorite. I mainly use it for applying color to my crease. It's small & it is just fluffy enough to get a perfect amount of product. It also works great for the inner corners of your eye.
4. Smashbox #15 Definer Brush - Oh myy gawd. I love this brush. I dropped it down the crack of my couch cushion & was devastated for like 3 days! I could have cried tears of joy when I found it! I use this to apply all over shadow, for my crease, outer "V" & to blend. It is so soft & easy to work with. I used to work for QVC so I picked up a lot of Smashbox products for cheap.
5. Smashbox #12 Brow Brush - I will never use another brush on my eyebrows. This is the bee's knee's of brow brushes. It's so stiff & makes very precise lines. Since my eyebrows are pretty much non existent, this is like my holy grail of makeup brushes! The only con is I wish the handle was a little shorter, it'd be easier to work with.
What are your favorites?
Sunday, September 18, 2011
We had muffins, chocolate covered pretzels, cookies & caramel corm. All were homemade & delicious. I helped myself to some pretzels & muffins! We ended up raising over $500 for today & yesterday and my job will match dollar to dollar!
Saturday, September 17, 2011
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
This is one of my favorite looks, it's versatile. You can switch it up with bright lips or play with the color on your lower lids. (Sorry my skin is oily in this picture, it was HOT out today!)
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
What's a nickname only your family calls you?
My grandparents have always called me "Tink" because I had blonde hair, green eyes & my mom always put my hair up when I was little. (Plus, my Pap says I have Tinkerbell's stubborn attitude!)
What's a weird habit of yours?
I check all my closets & under the bed before I go to bed to make sure there is no one hiding, I even do it before I get into my car. I read a story where a serial killer was hiding in the backseat of a woman's car & now I get all freaked out & have to check!
Do you have any weird phobias?
I'm terrified of dirty water (lakes, creeks, ponds, rivers..) and praying mantises!
What's a song you secretly love to blast and belt out when you're alone?
Haha.. Earth, Wind & Fire - September!
What's one of your biggest pet peeves?
I have a few that are worth mentioning. I hate when people go out of their way to intentionally hurt someones feelings, I don't like when people are racists or homophobic, I don't care what color skin you have or what gender you like, if you respect me, I'll respect you & liars!!!
What's one of your nervous habits?
I bite my nails when I'm nervous.
What side of the bed do you sleep on?
The side closest to the bathroom because I get up like 5 times a night.
What was your first stuffed animal and its name?
It was a bear from my great grandma named Jingles. I still have it in my closet.
What's the drink you always order at Starbucks?
Skinny Caramel Macchiato. YUM!
What's the beauty rule you preach, but never actually practice?
Washing my makeup off every night. I usually use a make up wipe to remove most of it but my mascara stays on most nights!
Which way do you face in the shower?
Towards the faucet.
Do you have any weird body skills?
I'm double jointed in all of my fingers.
What's your favorite comfort food that's 'bad', but you love to eat it anyway?
Homemade apple pie & ice cream! ohhhh myy gawwd!
What's a phrase or exclamation you always say?
Wiggity whack. It started as a joke but i have everyone at my job saying it! (and ohh my gawwwd!)
Time to sleep - what are you actually wearing?
In the summer, shorts & a tank. In the winter, my flannel pj's!
Sunday, September 11, 2011
Saturday, September 10, 2011
I've tried one of NYX Single Blushes before but I really hate the color I chose. SO I decided to try Sand, I usually like more matte bronzers, but this color is gorgeous! I picked out 5 Single Eyeshadows. I bought 1 last purchase I made & I loved it. I picked up Kiwi (bright green), Frosted Ocean (dark navy), Red Bean Pie (reddish burgundy), Champagne (light gold shimmer) & Odyssey (black with blue & purple specks). Odyssey & Frosted Ocean are so awesome (hello, Navy phase!). Overall, I love each color!
Thursday, September 8, 2011
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
All eyeshadows are from 120 palette. Blush is from a palette. Lips are NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss is Dolly Pink.